Monday, August 25, 2008

REMOVING MALWARES

If your computer is infected with third party intruders, you are undoubtedly asking the question "how do I remove malware?" I will answer that question for you in this article, but first, I must tell you that you had better not delay, because malware spreads quickly and can destroy your computer (or your credit) in the process.

Malware is short for "malicious software." It is installed on computers without the user giving the go ahead. Malware is also known as spyware. It comes in many different forms, like trojan horses, viruses, adware, and worms. Some of these are not all that dangerous and really more of a nuisance than anything else (things like pop ups and weird icons on your desktop). The most serious types of malware allow a third party to spy on your banking and credit information, leaving you at risk for identity theft.

Now, let's answer the quesiton of "how do I remove malware?" You have a couple of options. You can try to get rid of it yourself in the "add or remove programs" portion of the Windows control panel. But this is tricky, because if you accidentally remove a file necessary to the operation of your computer, you could be in a bigger mess than you currently are! It could mean the end of your computer. Also, it can be hard to find malware on your own.

How do I remove malware? I use a malware removal program, which will scan my PC for problems, and lets me delete them if I wish. It will also perform scans for future malware infections, and will provide a defense against those attacks.

No comments: